Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grand Canyon - R2R




On a recent trip to Arizona, I got a chance to visit the Grand Canyon. It is truly breathtaking, almost surreal. I had seen hundreds of pictures but nothing could have prepared me for the reality of its' vastness.
Back at our hotel in Flagstaff (Picazzos! Little pricey, but great pizza in Flagstaff http://www.picazzos.com) we shared an elevator with a couple who had just got back from a rim to rim hike. It took them 5 days to hike from one side to the other and back. It really got in my head. I cannot run a mile without heaving a lung and yet something in me says, with enough training, I could do a rim to rim. There's a lot I have to learn, but I'm pretty sure I know a few guys who would be willing to give it a shot. I've got a lot of searching to do, and would love to hear more from anyone who has done or is planning to do a similar trek. A good map would be a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment