Monday, June 22, 2009

Vacation Bible School - Day 1

Today marks the start of Vacation Bible School for our church. The theme is to go back to the time of Jesus, more specifically the time right before his arrival in Jerusalem. All the volunteers will be dressed in robes and tunics, and thanks to my sister I’m pretty sure mine will be one of the best. I’ve grown a beard and my hair is past my shoulders. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. The kids are all divided in to the 12 tribes of Israel and will each receive their own vest. It’s a pretty neat set up. Laura and I will be working as shop keepers. She’s in the jewelry shop and I’m a metal worker. The kids will get to visit all the different shops and participate in each activity they provide. I think it’s going to be great; however it will be even better if I don’t have any really smart kids. See my activity is a little, well, dark considering the circumstances. I’m supposed to have the kids make crosses with nails and wire. Very cool, I remember making them at church camp myself. However, in our flashback in time, Jesus is supposed to show up the last day of VBS, chronologically before He dies on the cross. So basically I am a metal worker who is enthralled by the times’ death sentence. I think I’m going to have to find a way to make the Star of David or something. Other than that I’m really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment